«Investments in the Regions as a Basis for the Competitive State»
(The eastern region of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the central region of the Republic of Uzbekistan)
The specific objective of the project is to improve the business climate and to encourage the regional economic integration by increasing the capacity of the Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan SMEs and strengthening the role of Business Intermediary Organizations in their development.
The target groups of the project:
- Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan regional BIOs
- Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan SMEs in the sector of agro-business and food processing
- Local Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan government bodies as well as national government agencies that are in charge of SME development and regional development
- Various Kazakhstan social groups (including self-employed citizens).
The expected results of the project:
1. SMEs will improve their capacities for running business, entering international markets, as well as their investment attractiveness.
2. The decision-making authorities will consider it efficient and significant to take into account the opinion of BIOs and to involve them in working out SME development/support policy in the sector of agro-business and food-processing.
3. The target groups will be aware of their rights and obligations under the national and international law. They will have a continuous access to information about markets, technologies, methods and tools regarding effective SME development.
4. The role and competences of BIOs (by means of the international professional networks established, as well) to influence policies in favour of local SMEs and to provide them with business services will be reinforced.
The overall aim of the project is to strengthen the capacities of all SME development actors, to improve access to information about the most effective tools and methods of government support, to establish constructive cooperation while developing government policy and to consolidate the efforts of business support organizations in promotion and protection of SMEs’ interests.
The project leader organization – ZUBR Consulting Center
The Project Director – Vitaly Kulik
158 «А», Kazakhstan St., Ust-Kamenogorsk, the Republic of Kazakhstan,
Tel.: +7 (7232) 26 22 20, 57 83 74, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The partner organization
Center for Entrepreneurship and Executive Development
Director – Nikolai Yarmov
3, Apart, 6 Bigla St., Sofia 1407, Bulgaria
+ 359 2 819 43 43
The partner organization
Center for Economic Development
Director – Yuliy Yusupov
17-34, Chilanzar, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
+9 9871 277-02-37, +9 9890 355-16-04